Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just nap!

I have a two year old who thinks she is too old for a nap. She rubs her eyes, yawns and happily goes to bed at nap time. However, once she's in bed its like a switch is flipped and she's wide awake again and just wants to play. I can take all the toys out of her bed all I want but she'll just get out of bed and put them right back in there the second I leave the room.


She still needs this nap. She is a total grump without it. I need this nap. I'm a total grump without it. At least she isn't coming out of her room like she does some nights. Hours after going to bed some nights she'll get out of bed and open her bedroom door and want to play in the hallway. 


Jas didn't drop this nap for at least another 12 months and even then she was still having it 2-3 times a week. Its really only been the last twelve months that she hasn't had a nap unless she was sick. I could give in and not put Lucy down for her nap but then, as I said, she becomes a grump and her and Jas just argue about toys for hours. That does not make for a happy afternoon. She spent all morning on the go and playing. She was rubbing her eyes and yawning but still an hour after being put into bed, she's still awake. 


Some days though it will be 3pm before I stop hearing her playing. That is annoying to say the least as the latest I will let her sleep in the day is 4pm. She all she has is an hour which is usually not enough and she is a grump at being woken. 


I guess I'll just keep putting her down for that nap and hoping for the best. At the very least she is getting a little bit of a rest and so am I.

Search Box