Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2012

I'm starting to think that there maybe something to it. Between civil unrest in several countries, floods across three Aussie state, Bush Fires in another, record snow in the Northern Hemisphere and now yet another NZ earthquake it has me worried.

It does seem that something is happening with our planet. I'm sure its not going to be like the movies. I think changes will be much slower but possible far more devastating. I'm not sure however that the whole world is going to end on one particular day. I think it may just be a slow change to another way of life.

I just got done reading a book about a well polished society. Everything was controlled. From who you married, how many kids you had, what job you had, what you ate, how much you ate and even when you died. Everyone died on their 80th birthday as the society could not give them quality of life after 80. All diseases had been eradicated. While at first on the surface this seems like a good idea the more I read the more I began to think of how bad an idea it is. It's pretty much taking away free thought.

No one really knows when the world will end. I'm sure it will one day. We'll probably go extinct the same way the Dinosaurs did. Via something from space hitting us. Who knows. Maybe by then we will have colonised another planet. Or be living in harmony with people from another planet. I don't think any of this will happen in my life time but a part of me almost wishes it will, just so that I can see what will eventually become of the human race.

Search Box