Monday, February 28, 2011

The road to ruin

Ahh that road to ruin. You know the one, the one that is paved with good intentions. I had every intention of making sure I post at least every second day when I first started but that went out the door bloody fast. My last post was what? Last Wednesday? Tuesday? In my defence I have been sick. I've caught Lucy's cold and its thrown me all out of whack.

I knew I was coming down with something when I couldn't run as well as I had been. I'm really rather proud of what I have managed to accomplish on the treadmill. Of course its not much to most people. Ok everyone else, but to me its something. I set myself I goal and I'm doing it. These good intentions have stuck. I'm now up to running for 8 minutes at a time. Next time I get on which will be Wednesday I plan to do 9 minutes straight. I know its going to be hard and part of me is scared that I won't be able to do it but then I think that's how I felt when I went from 7 to 8 minutes. I wasn't sure I could do it. And I can. I know the first few times are going to be harder but after a week or two I'll be ok. At least March is a longer month so I'll get more of a chance to go for the 9 minutes. In April I will up it to 10. Of course if I feel up to it I will increase it before then and hopefully that will be the case but I also know the more I do the harder it will be to increase it. Just got to keep pushing forward I guess. Hopefully March will see me get another personal best. I got on in January and another one in February. Just one a month is all I want. I can do this, I know I can do this. I WANT to do this more than anything and that want should keep me pushing through until I can do it.

The only thing... it gets rather boring at times running on the treadmill. When it gets boring it gets hard. Hopefully though the 9 minutes will be easy and I'll be able to do short amounts within that time at a faster speed. That seems to make it go faster for me. I've just got to take it one day at a time. I will get there in the end. I have to.

Search Box