Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No laughing matter

Again today I'm going to use my not so favourite internet forum as inspiration. Since when is having your unborn child diagnosed with not only Di George Syndrome but also a cyanotic congenital heart defect a laughing matter? Sure it may be a stress release but to then continue on about how it doesn't really matter how sick your child will be when he is born is just stupid.

I'll admit it, I don't like this chick. She's not the brightest cookie in the box. This is not her first child, its her fourth. Its also not her first child to have CHD, its her second. What is the other heart babies condition? She doesn't know! I think this is my issue. She doesn't take the time to educate herself on her children's illnesses. 

This fourth baby is unplanned. She and her husband were told NOT to have any further children. Now if we had been told that we would have done something permanent. Instead she plays with fire. On the tax payer. Neither her nor her husband work. And she is proud of the fact that the only income they have is welfare payments. She even boasts about how much they get!

There are so many people in the world who struggle to have healthy babies. People who spend thousands and thousands of dollars to have a healthy baby. People who change their life entirely for their children. People who wait for years and years until they can afford to have a baby. And for some who have never worked a day in their lives, they get to pop out one after another on the tax payer. Where is the fairness in that?

The ones I feel sorry for the most are the kids. I hope this new baby will be ok and that his surgery's go well. For that I feel for her. I've been there and its not fun as a parent to watch your 5 day old baby be wheeled away for open heart surgery. Its not fun to stand there not knowing if you will see him alive again. Not once did I ever laugh about it or brush it off. Instead I educated myself about every thing I could. I knew what was going on at all times and even then is was still hard. Sure ignorance may be bliss but in this case I think its only going to lead to heartache.

Search Box